Thursday 29 April 2010

Pledge One: The Book

Adventure get's more interesting the more people get involved. So when I just told my old friend P.S. about this crazy plan of mine, he also shared a dream of his: He always wanted to write a book. In fact, he agreed to finally write this book if I manage to finish the Cro-Magnon in less than 24 hours. Not a pamphlet, a book. Not an essay, a book.

Knowing P.S. as somebody who tends to keep his word this bet will greatly boost my moral during those long boring winter runs - not simply because I am interested in what he might be coming up with, but because of a simple idea:

If I just finish the race in a day, a book shall be written.

Nice thought.

Any other bets anybody?

2 comments:

Unable to unplug myself from the tight embrace of my couch I'm proud of my little brother and wish him well on his journey to fame and immortality. I will be there, my brother, when sweat and blood blur your vision on the accent to the Col di Tenda!

Stephan

I gotta run over the Col di Tenda? Where's that again?

...you see, ignorance is bliss. Better I don't know what exactly I'm getting into just yet... Col di Tenda, you say, eh? Gotta google that...